Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Last Minute Kid's Dessert for Thanksgiving


Cornucopia Cupcake!




If your kids (or grandkids) are anything like mine, they won't touch a pecan pie or a pumpkin pie with a ten-foot pole. ( I still won't taste a pumpkin pie!) As I was trying to decide what type of kid-friendly dessert to have for Thanksgiving, I remembered a cupcake that I had when I was little. I honestly don't think I've seen one on over 20 years.
The "cornucopia" is actually a Bugle. Hint: These are hard to find! In my grocery store, they are not sold by the chips. They are sold by the roasted peanuts and other nuts. The "fruit and veg tables" are Runts candy. These can be hard to find, too. If you can't find them at your grocery store, try a gas station/convenient store. I have even seen them sold out of a bubblegum type dispenser for 25 cents a handful.
Happy Turkey Day!!

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea! Why didn't I think of that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very creative, I love your ideas. Finally, I found someone else that doesn't like pumpkin pie, yahooo. I thought I was the only one. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! It reminds me of a Carmen Miranda hat!

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete