Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Silhouette Name Cards

Hi Friends - I have to get out of town quickly this morning, but I promised to show you what I was going to do with Baby Girl's silhouette, so I quickly did this little project this morning. It could actually be a lot cuter with scalloped edges and/or ribbons and bows, but you will get the general idea. then you can go and make yours cuter than mine!



I started with this silhouette that I had drawn at Disney World last year for only $8.00. (I hope Mickey Mouse doesn't "get me" for some sort of copyright infringement!). I reduced it on the copy machine til it was the size that I wanted.

I then printed her name in a fancy font and printed it out on my computer. I cut and pasted (literally - with scissors and a glue stick, not with a mouse and cursor) the copies of her silhouettes and her name. I photocopied three to a page (of white carsdtock).

Using my Creative Memories oval cutter, I cut her silhouette and name out in an oval shape.


I embellished it by adding a contrasting border and a self-adhesive rhinestone in the center of the hair bow. This is where you could really have fun! you could use scalloped edges and/or really decorative paper for your border. You could punch a hole through the top and add a coordinating ribbon(s). Have fun with it! If yours turns out cuter than mine, blog about it and let me know! I'd love to see it!
Happy Wednesday!




I'm linking up to The Shabby Chic Cottage

5 comments:

  1. This is just another amazing craft!! And personalized too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!!! Hope all is well with you, and you aren't headed out of town for an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! It turned out really cute.

    pk @ Room Remix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darla - You always leave the nicest comments...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 sisters, all is well. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete