Monday, October 19, 2009

From Drab to Fab!




When we bought this house three years ago, the "to do" list was extensive and exhausting. The picture below is the "Before" of one of the upstairs bedrooms. The thought of painting the built-ins was overwhelming. We seriously considered just ripping them out. However, sanding, priming, and painting the wood soon became a "labor of love" for me.



And I think the end result was well worth it. I intended for this to be my third-born's bedroom, but she had other plans (as usual). She didn't want to leave her little sister, so the two of them share a room. So this sweet room remains unoccupied. I keep hoping that one day one of the girls will ask to move into this room, but no such luck (yet!).


12 comments:

  1. Preciosa, quedó hermosa esa habitación felicitaciones y que la disfrutes mucho, un abrazooooo Chany.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to move in! It's adorable, and I'm up for adoption. How could they not want to be in there? Their room must be pretty cute, too, to not want to be in that cute space. And I am SO proud of you for hanging in there and painting all of that wood. Superb job!

    Happy Met Monday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great redo - you did good. Don't know how old they are, but usually when they hit their teens, they want "their own" space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be right over with my bags!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That's all I can say, WOW. What a transformation. If they don't want to move into this space, I will.

    I bet that was a huge amount of work but so worth it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS! Just FABULOUS!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! So glad you went to the effort instead of ripping them out.
    Teri @ acraftyclan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing transformation! All those slats - eek! Very very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful room! I'm moving in....
    Thank you for sharing1
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done! I so enjoyed seeing this! Thank you for sharing. :)

    Happy Met Monday!

    http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/10/walls-wrapped-in-charm.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great makeover! I had to scroll back up to see the before picture again. The room looked so dark and masculine before, and you really transformed it into a beautiful, feminine space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. 휴게텔

    ReplyDelete